It is important to know that I am not in network with insurance companies and cannot bill them directly to cover services provided. However, many of my clients use their out of network insurance benefits to help pay for therapy services. If your insurance plan offers out-of-network benefits, you should receive some reimbursement for therapeutic services. I can help you with this paperwork that you would need to submit in order to get reimbursement.
Here are questions that are helpful to ask your insurance company before our first appointment:
- Do I need prior authorization in order to have my therapy sessions covered by my insurance plan?
- What are my mental health benefits?
- Do I have out-of-network coverage for my mental healthcare? How much does my plan cover for out-of-network provider fees per session?
- How many sessions does my plan cover per year?
- Do I need a referral from my primary care physician?
- What is my deductible? What is the calendar year for my deductible?