My fees are $140-$180 per session. Some of my clients use their insurance to pay for therapy services. I accept some insurance company in-network insurance benefits. In addition, I am an “out-of-network” provider. If your insurance plan offers out-of-network benefits, you should receive some reimbursement for therapeutic services. I can help you with the paperwork that you would need to submit in order to get reimbursement.
Here are questions that are helpful to ask your insurance company before our first appointment:
- Do I need prior authorization in order to have my therapy sessions covered by my insurance plan?
- What are my mental health benefits?
- Do I have out-of-network coverage for my mental healthcare? How much does my plan cover for out-of-network provider fees per session?
- How many sessions does my plan cover per year?
- Do I need a referral from my primary care physician?
- What is my deductible? What is the calendar year for my deductible?